Polylactic acid. It is derived from annually renewable resources
and is specifically designed for injection molding. It is easily processed on conventional injection equipment. The material is stable...
Futerro® PLA polymer is not compatible with a wide variety of commodity resins, and special purging sequences should be followed:
- 1. Clean machine and bring temperatures to steady state with low-viscosity, general-purpose polystyrene or polypropylene.
- 2. Vacuum out hopper system to avoid contamination.
- 3. Introduce PLA polymer into the machine at the operating conditions used in Step 1.
- 4. Once PLA polymer has purged, reduce barrel temperatures to desired set points.
- 5. At shutdown, purge machine with high-viscosity polystyrene or polypropylene.
Futerro® PLA Fiber Melt Spinning
Futerro® PLA Extrusion